2009 Yamaha V Star 950
Sale: Save $400.00 now until 2/28/2019
Texas Adventure Powersports
V Star 950
Photos coming soon. Like new 2009 Yamaha V Star 950. Only 1,344 miles on this super clean bike.
RIGHT BIKE. RIGHT TIME. RIGHT NOW.
Meet the all-new V Star 950, a bike with the Roadliner's long and low neostreamline style and stance, scaled down to a more manageable size and price range.
- As a new benchmark in middleweight cruiser class, the V Star 950 brings it all together in an exciting new package. A muscular 942cc air-cooled V-twin engine with plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. A full-sized chassis for spacious comfort, with a long, low look that also means an extra-low seat height so valued by riders without extra-long inseams. Sporty, responsive handling that makes riding on curvy back roads or commuting around town as much fun as cruising the open highway. V Star 950 has the credentials to appeal to seasoned riders just as much as those looking for an entry-level, confidence-inspiring machine.
- The new 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Traditional air cooling is used, but this engine also has four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection for spirited performance. A straightforward SOHC design is used, with special compact roller-type rocker arms, helps to keep the top end lighter for more mass centralization. The stylish 2-into-1 exhaust system has been meticulously tuned to provide an exceptionally pleasing, yet throaty exhaust note, yet it also includes 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- There's more going on in the newly designed double-cradle steel frame than its decidedly clean, simple appearance. The steel main frame, which uses the engine as a stressed member of the chassis, has been carefully designed to offer an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions. That translates to an exceptionally light feeling that riders are sure to appreciate. The front tire is mounted on a large diameter, 18-inch wheel, and engine mounting position is slightly forward to optimize front-rear weight distribution, all of which contributes to the V Star 950's outstanding handling performance, not only in cruising but on winding roads as well.
- The V Star 950 brings styling to a sleek new level, one we call ”Sport Classic.” There are many “classic” cruiser styling characteristics. However, what's unique is the V Star 950's light and sporty look characterized by the large diameter front & rear wheels with low profile tires, thin body shape, and fenders that have just the right amount of volume and draw. The headlight and low-profile fuel tank are designed to accentuate the bike's light, low look, as is the openness around the engine and front wheel.
- The 942cc (57.5 cu. in) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V twin. With four valves per head, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio, this engine has been carefully designed to produce excellent power characteristics – and best-in-class acceleration.
- To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special compact roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used.
- The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel air charge into the center of the piston for faster combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite-plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high-strength compact design that contributes to reduce vibration.
- The designers realized that engine's V twin character was so pleasing on its own that a counterbalancer was unnecessary. This also contributes to simplicity and less operating noise.
- Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the V Star 950. The injectors are 4-hole, two-directional types with spray aimed at the valve surfaces. That produces good fuel atomization for faster and more complete combustion which contributes to excellent drivability. The fuel injection system also adopts an ISC (Idling Speed Control) valve for outstanding idling stability.
- Lubrication is provided by a simple, reliable wet sump system
- The steel double-cradle frame is long and low, contributing to the bike's spacious 95.9-inch (2435mm) overall length and 66.3-inch wheelbase. That means a great ride to go along with the great looks.
- With a seat height a mere 26.5 inches off the pavement, one of the lowest around, and a fuel tank that's made as narrow as possible where it meets the seat, it is easy for most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- The big 18-inch front wheel helps deliver this cruiser motorcycle's sporty handling characteristics and “Sport Classic” cruiser looks. The low-profile 130/70-18 tire is mounted on a newly designed 8-spoke lightweight aluminum wheel. The 170/70-16 bias ply rear tire adds a beefy look and helps transfer all that torque and power to the pavement.
- Large 320mm front and 298mm rear discs provide strong braking capacity with excellent feel.
- Front forks feature big 41mm tubes, and rear suspension is a bottom-link-type monocross shock. Settings are calibrated to deliver a plush ride that is increasingly firm as the suspension is compressed for good handling and comfort over bigger bumps in the road.
- The V Star 950 has a wonderfully light feel. Surprisingly, even though it has a full-size chassis, the bike weighs just 612 pounds wet, with a full tank of gas and all fluids
- The newly designed large-diameter meter is mounted on the fuel tank for a traditional look. Meter functions include speedometer, fuel level warning light, oil level warning light, and odometer with two trip meter functions, fuel trip meter, and clock display. The LCD display illumination can be adjusted using a right side handlebar switch.
- Engine Type: 942 cc air-cooled 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-valve
- Bore x Stroke: 85.0 x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork, 5.3-in.travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock, 4.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Tires/Front: 130/70-18M/C 63H
- Tires/Rear: 170/70-16 M/C 75H
- Wheels: 8-spoke cast
- Length: 95.9 in.
- Width: 39.4 in.
- Height: 42.5 in.
- Seat Height: 26.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 66.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
- Trail: 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 47 mpg
- Wet Weight: 612 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, V-twin, SOHC, 4-Valve
- 942 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 85.0 x 83.0 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork, 5.3-in.Travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock, 4.3-in. Travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic Disc, 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic Disc, 298 mm
- Front Tire
- 130/70-18M/C 63H
- Rear Tire
- 170/70-16 M/C 75H
- 66.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.5 in.
- 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- 47 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 612 lbs.
- 5-Speed; Multiplate Wet Clutch
- Final Drive
- Tommy Blue, Candy Red, Raven (USA ONLY); Deep Metallic Red, Metallic Purplish Blue, Metallic Black (CANADA ONLY)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)