2014 Honda CBR650F
This is the bike that will appeal to your practical and emotional sides. A truly fun ride at a great price, it's what Honda does like no one else. Built around a smooth, inline-four engine specifically tuned for low-to-midrange torque, the CBR650F has a powerband that’s suited for a wide range of riding styles.
Nimble? You bet—that’s always been a strong point of the 600 class. Powerful disc brakes give you premium stopping power performance, and a Twin-Spar-style steel frame forms the basis for the CBR650F’s impeccable handling, while making it versatile: weekday commuter, weekend sport riding, long trips, short hauls, solo or with a passenger.
Bang For Your Buck: This is a machine that offers an incredibly high fun factor while keeping real-world budgets in mind. Its ergonomics and performance will keep you excited and its price and features will keep your wallet happy, too.
Inline-Four Engine: Honda pioneered the modern inline-four layout and we’ve never looked back. Smooth running and offering terrific performance, the CBR650F’s powerplant is one of our best.
Twin-Spar Steel Frame: Rock-solid handling starts with a rock-solid chassis. The new CBR650F’s frame is strong, for sharp, responsive handling, but not too stiff for casual, everyday riding.
Multi-Function Instruments: The CBR650F offers a digital LCD instrument package. Everything is clearly visible, night or day, and includes all the info you need for longer trips or cross-town commutes.
- Rear Disc Brake: A 240 mm hydraulic disc at the rear complements the twin front discs for plenty of stopping power
- Six-Speed Transmission: Smooth, nearly seamless shifts and more gear ratios to match the way you want to ride: those are two of the characteristics that make this Honda so much fun to ride.
- Twin-Spar Steel Frame: A steel frame is strong, but not too rigid for the needs of the everyday rider. With a 57 in.wheelbase, the CBR650F is also quick and responsive—just what a machine in this class should be.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Power, style, and an unmistakable growl—you get all three with the four-into-two-into-one exhaust system on the new CBR650F.
- 4.5 gal. Fuel Tank: You asked; we listened. A bike as versatile as the CBR650F needs plenty of range, and the 4.5 gal. fuel tank provides just that.
- Clip-On Handlebars: Clip-on bars are an integral part of supersport bikes and for the CBR650F, they put you in a riding position that’s both sporty and comfortable enough for longer trips.
- Supersport-Style Front Cowl: The new CBR650F may be a terrific value, but it still offers plenty of style. Check out its CBR600RR-inspired front cowl—just enough bodywork to cut the wind blast and give it a cool look.
- 41 mm Front Suspension: Our 41 mm front suspension offers excellent suspension action, a comfortable ride, along with precise steering and front-end feedback.
- Dual Disc Brakes: Here’s an area where plenty of other bikes would scrimp, but not the CBR650F. Dual 320mm front discs offer excellent stopping power under a wide range of operations.
- LCD Multi Meter: In addition to the speedometer and digital tachometer, the CBR650F’s instrumentation also includes clock, trip meter, and fuel gauge.
- Engine Type: 649cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke: 67 mm x 46 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Programmed automatic enrichment circuit, with 32 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm Fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual two-piston calipers with 320 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 101.3 mm (3.98 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 461 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Model ID: CBR650F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Color: Red, Candy Blue, Matte Black Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 46 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm Fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual two-piston calipers with 320 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 57 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in
- 25.30 deg.
- 3.98 in (101.3 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 461 lb.
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Red, Candy Blue, Matte Black Metallic
- One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan